Thursday, September 13, 2007

Video Processor

I think I have resolved the issues with the memory and started to try and find out how the video is handled in the game code. After a ton of research I find out the video system appears to be using a special method called "Transparent Mode Addressing". The MAME driver for the CRTC6845 doesn't seem to be coded to handle this yet. I'm gonna try to go without the driver and hack my own implementation for now. I'd really like to see some kind of visuals show up on screen. If I get anything to show up I will go back and see about adding the features to the CRTC6845 driver at a later date.



My first challenge is to find out where in memory the video is updated. The game code is getting more and more commented, but there is some areas that are unexplored. Time to flesh out the game code some more.

No comments: